- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Wonderfil's finest thread line, InvisaFil™, is a remarkable silk-like 100wt, 2-ply cottonized polyester. This ultra-fine but surprisingly strong thread has cotton-like characteristics and negligible stretch while also feeling soft in the hand. A wonderful thread to use when you don't want your stitches to show. This poly thread will not melt when exposed to extreme heat and/or steam. A great alternative to monofilament thread.
InvisaFil makes for super low bulk stitches and virtually “disappears”, making it the ultimate choice for English paper piecing, delicate lace designs, fine fabrics, creating texture when micro quilting, or whenever you don’t want your stitching to show. It is available in 60 subtle to bright colours with a matte finish, so you can choose how much want the thread to show (or not at all)!
Material: 2-ply Cottonized Polyester
Sizes: 400m (437yd), 2500m (2734yd), 9144m (10000yd)
Colours: 60 Solid Colours
Usages: Stitch in the ditch, top and bottom thread, bottom thread for delicate machine embroidery, invisible hand and machine appliqué, free motion quilting, stippling, English paper piecing, hand finishing binding. Great for free motion quilting if you don't want a heavy look or miniature quilts where you want to keep the scale fine.
Hand Needles: I love a John James Gold n Glide Milliners Size 11 needle for english paper piecing and stitching down bindings - Invisafil is a great choice for both techniques. Tulip Hiroshima Milliners and Bohin Milliners needles are also great choices.
Machine Needles: I recommend a 60/8 Microtex needle with regular 50 or 60wt cotton bobbin thread or you can use Invisafil in the bobbin as well.