- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
- WonderFil pre-wound bobbins are wound with 80wt DecoBob™ thread in a reusable plastic bobbin - great for sewing machines and perfect to carry with you for hand stitching, piecing, applique, couching (top thread) and english paper piecing.
- DecoBob™ makes for an ideal bobbin thread as using a finer weight thread will also minimize the bulk in whatever you are doing.
- DecoBob™ also has the strength, versatility, and reliability you can count on.
- This incredible 80wt 2-ply cottonized polyester thread carries a textured matte finish that has been treated to behave more like cotton and eliminate stretch.
- Delicate but incredibly strong, this lightweight thread ensures stitching becomes less bulky and designs softer while the fine weight also allows for more acute miters and rounder and smoother curves.
- Pre-wounds are a fantastic choice because they come wound uniformly meaning you will get more consistency in all your stitches, which is especially noticeable when doing embroidery.
- They also come wound with a higher density of thread than when you wind your own bobbins on a domestic machine.
- 40 bobbins x 110 yards /100 metres
- Master Sets include 40 pre-filled bobbins with 1 color in each of DecoBob’s 36 full-color range. Black – 101 and White – 104 colors are repeated 3 bobbins each.
Hint: Always choose the colour that goes with the fabric rather than matching the top thread.
Material: 2-ply Cottonized Polyester
Sizes: Available in Pre-wound Bobbins Class 15, M, L
Colours: 36 Solid Colours
Usages: Precision piecing, stippling, general sewing, machine embroidery, top and bottom thread for quilting, button holes, digitized lace design, hidden stitches, bobbin thread.
Wonderfil says: "Tired of bulky seams? Take a look at the difference between a 50wt thread vs WonderFil's 80wt DecoBob thread. Using a thread almost half the weight makes a huge impact on seam bulk. DecoBob also increases tension consistency as both a top thread and bobbin thread, and removes stiffness from your projects. DecoBob is a cottonized polyester, which is a polyester thread treated to behave like cotton, so it does not stretch nor shrink, but will still has the strength of a polyester. We find a lot of people use DecoBob for piecing "
"When we describe some of WonderFil’s polyester threads such as DecoBob(80wt) or InvisaFil(100wt), we use the term “cottonized polyester”. What this means is that they are manufactured in a way that the polyester behaves more like a cotton, meaning the stretch in the thread is eliminated and it gains a matte finish. Cottons are usually not recommended as fine threads because they lose their strength and break easily. So by cottonizing DecoBob and InvisaFil threads, the result is a fine thread with the strength of a polyester and a matte finish similar to cotton"