This gorgeous modern wall or lap quilt pattern is designed by Melanie McNiece of Melly & Me.
Melanie says "This pattern made me think of a wallflower with its four-petaled shape. But let’s be honest - the name is also quite ironic for this quilt which packs a visual punch, and certainly wants to be the centre of attention! A quickly made quilt that makes a huge statement. I have adored making this with solids giving it a very retro/mid-mod feel, but it would be just as stunning showcasing large sections of your favourite prints".
- Melanie used "Devonstone Collection" solid fabrics to make the quilt photographed on the front cover (fabric codes listed on pattern).
- Our range of solid colours available here would also be suitable. We can put together a kit if required.
- This pattern is suitable for all skill levels.
- Completed size: Measures approx 60” x 60”
- Pattern contains the traceable appliqué templates and full step-by-step instructions to create your own “Wallflower” quilt.
- 2.75 metres dark grey background
- Four 35 cm pieces for dark petals
- Four 20 cm pieces for mid petals
- Four 10 cm pieces for light petals
Optional - Photocopy, Trace or Glue the paper template pieces (some are large) onto freezer paper and then iron the freezer paper to your fabric to cut the templates accurately. Freezer paper peels away easily from cotton fabric.
- Melanie McNeice