The Topstitch needle is like a hybrid needle -- it took the best features of other needles and combined them into one.
- Double-size eye.
- Easier to thread.
- Reduces friction on the thread.
- Light-sharp point.
- Not razor sharp (so it does not cut the fibers), but light sharp, engineered to separate the fibers before penetrating.
- Wider and deeper groove to protect delicate, sensitive, medium, and heavier threads.
- Available in four sizes (70, 80, 90, 100)
- It is recommend for almost all applications such as piecing, applique, embroidery, quilting, and clothing construction.
- We do not use the Topstitch needle when sewing through leather (use a Sharp needle) , heavy denim (use a Sharp needle), or knit fabrics (use a ballpoint needle).
- Other than those applications, we use Topstitch needles for everything.
- They really will make a difference in your sewing.
Recommended for use with Superior Threads : So Fine #30, Poly Quilter, Sew Sassy