Sulky Ultra Solvy Embroidery Stabilizer is 4X as heavy and thick as the original Solvy with the firmness that is required when creating stand-alone thread lace, cutwork, battenberg lace, digitized lace, hoopless machine embroidery or free-motion embroidery.
Backing or Topping: Backing
Color Name: Translucent
Hand Weight: Heavy
Permanent or Temporary: Temporary
Size: 19.5'' x 36"
- Hoopless Embroidery
- Thread Sketching
- Digitized Lace
- Lace Work
- 3-D Work
- Shadow Work
- Cut Work
- Spun Lace
- Lace, Thread, or Fabric Scarves
- To make a liquid, brush-on stabilizer, save all scraps every time you use your Solvy products. Dissolve the equivalent of 1/2 yd. of the product in 8 oz. of water. Brush onto any area you want to stabilize. Allow area to dry completely (this can be sped up with a hair dryer). After stitching, remove by submerging in water for a minute or two until all of the product is dissolved. Store the unused portion of your liquid stabilizer in the refrigerator in a labeled, tightly sealed jar.
- Because Sulky Ultra Solvy Stabilizer is the densest of all of the Solvys, it takes a larger volume of water and more agitation to wash it away.
- All Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizers are made from non-woven materials they don’t stretch in any direction.
- To create larger pieces of Ultra Solvy, use a sponge to moisten the top of one piece and the bottom of another. Smooth the moistened edges together and let dry for a permanent bond.
- This same procedure can be used for hoopless embroidery. Wipe the hooped Ultra Solvy with a damp sponge and stick your fabric or garment to it.