Sulky Solvy Stabilizer is a perfect water soluble stabilizer that dissolves in water that is 33º to 200º. Use as a design template, a pattern guide and to support stitches. It is ideal when you don’t want any stabilizer to show on the top or bottom. Use as a topper on napped fabrics like towels to keep the loops or piles from poking through; also to prevent stitches from getting lost in any fabric and to enhance the clarity of fine lettering and detail stitching.
Backing or Topping: Topping
Color Name: Clear
Hand Weight: Light
Permanent or Temporary: Temporary
Size: 19.5'' x 36"
- Embroidery (as a topper)
- Thread Sketching
- Transferring a Pattern
- 3-D Work
- Shadow Work
- Cut Work
- Heirloom Sewing
- To make a liquid, brush-on stabilizer, save all scraps every time you use your Solvy products. Dissolve the equivalent of 1/2 yd. of the product in 8 oz. of water. Brush onto any area you want to stabilize. Allow area to dry completely (this can be sped up with a hair dryer). After stitching, remove by submerging in water for a minute or two until all of the product is dissolved. Store the unused portion of your liquid stabilizer in the refrigerator in a labeled, tightly sealed jar.
- Before you use lightweight Solvy (and/or Super Solvy) as a stabilizer under your machine embroideries, be aware that they do not support as many stitches as tear-away or cut-away stabilizers, so carefully consider your design choice.
- Because all Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizers are made from non-woven materials they don’t stretch in any direction.
- Transfer a pattern to the right side of a fabric by tracing it onto Solvy with a permanent marker and adhering with KK 2000 Temporary Spray Adhesive - then stitch.
- If you don’t have any Super Solvy on hand and you want to make Solvy as thick and firm as Super Solvy, two layers of Solvy or Super Solvy can be fused together by applying a warm, dry iron for several seconds (use a press cloth if your iron does not have a non-stick surface.)