Sue Spargo's Eleganza Perle cotton collection is designed to meet the specific needs of hand stitchers, embroiderers and embellishers. Passionate about stitching, Sue set out to design a product of utmost quality in collaboration with Wonderfil Specialty Threads.
Eleganza is made from 100% Giza 88, the highest calibre extra long staple Egyptian cotton. Fibres spun with this fibre create a thread of extreme softness, strength and lustre. An extra 15% twist has been incorporated into the design of Eleganza resulting in a thread of superior stability, uniformity and sewability. Eleganza is double gassed and mercerised to eliminate build up of lint and snub, largely enriching the appeal of stitchery.
Sue has designed a bright, saturated colour palette along with a unique line of variegated threads. Eleganza's collection of variegated threads contain extra short variegations in order to provide rapid colour change on small-scale designs. Sue later expanded the line to include the primitive range which are softer colours to round out the range
- The full set of Original 90 solid colours: 36 solids EZ01-36
- Available in three weights: Size 8, Size 5, Size 3
- Eleganza size 8: Clover Chenille #24 or Tulip Hiroshima Chenille #24 or Tulip Hiroshima Milliners/Straw #3
- Eleganza size 5: Clover Chenille #24 or Tulip Hiroshima Chenille #24
- Eleganza size 3: Clover Chenille #18 or Tulip Hiroshima Chenille #18
Cotton perle embroidery threads, although generally softer and shinier than crochet cotton, may be used in crochet patterns as follows:- #5 perle is a little thicker than #10 crochet cotton but is suitable for most #10 cotton patterns; #8 perle is about the same as #20 crochet cotton