This set includes 2 acrylic templates to make 5" finished sizes QAYG Diamonds .
Finished size is 5" measured along the sides of the diamond.
A lovely hand or machine piecing project that comes together very quickly and is perfect for beginners. Quilt-As-You-Go so when the blocks are finished, they are finished!
Your quilt is Reversible! - one side features a framed block look and the other side of your quilt features regular blocks.
Great for using up your scraps and leftover batting pieces.
Cut 1 large diamond from fabric
Cut 1 small diamond from fabric and batting.
- Lay your large fabric diamond wrong side up
- Place your large diamond template on top
- Position your batting diamond and then your small fabric diamond(right side up) inside your frame template
- Place one finger on the centre and lift your frame template away
- One side of the diamond at a time - fold the seam allowance over once to meet the inner diamond. Then fold the seam allowance again over the top of the inner diamond to create the frame.
- Pin, clip with a wonder clip, glue or fuse the seam allowance in place
- Hand or machine stitch (topstitch or machine applique stitch) the seam allowance down.
You can hand or machine stitch the blocks together. To hand stitch, place two blocks together and ladder stitch (just like english paper piecing).
To machine stitch, join your blocks together using a zig-zag or your favourite decorative stitch.
Because the blocks are backed and quilted already, you are done!