Mini Jumbuk Nu-Wool wadding has been made in Australia for over 30 years and is a unique blend of 60% wool and 40% man-made fibre.
Loft, strength, stability and blending ensure that it is a pleasure to work with and it sews with ease
Why is our Nu-Wool wadding so special and the best for quilt makers?
- Australian wool is naturally safe and non-allergenic. Nu-Wool has also been Ultra-Fresh treated for effective dust mite control and lasting freshness. Great for those with allergies
- Nu-Wool wadding is soft and thick with an even texture, making it a great pleasure to work with for both hand and machine quilting.
- A unique blend of 60% wool and 40% polyester, specially bonded to increase loft and resilience, improve washability and reduce the possibility of loose fibres protruding through the outer fabric
- Carefully prepared, Nu-Wool wadding is a unique blend of 60% wool and 40% polyester, specially treated with the Hi-Loft ® process.
- This very important bonding process increases loft and resilience, improves washability and reduces the possibility of any loose fibres protruding through the outer fabric.
Why use Mini Jumbuck wool?
- Wool is a natural fibre.
- Ideal for hot and cold sleepers.
- We use an even filling that makes our product look tidy on your bed.
- Naturally flame resistant.
- It's a renewable resource.
- Naturally anti-static and repels dust.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
Do you use any chemicals in your products?
Mini Jumbuk uses minimal treatments to improve the cleanliness and loft of our products and to make them healthier. The following treatments are applied:
Ultra-Fresh - provides lasting freshness and effective control against dust mites.
Wash & Loft - a conditioning treatment to improve loft and cleaning.
What is the Wash & Loft process and how does it make the wool washable?
The term Wash & Loft incorporates several processes, both in the treatment of the wool and the way in which it is blended and carded. Mini Jumbuk's Wash & Loft wool incorporates MycraLoft technology, a conditioning process which enables the wool to be washed.
What is Ultra-Fresh and how does it work?
Ultra-Fresh is an intensive anti-microbial and anti-bacterial treatment of the raw fibres that provides lasting resistance to the growth of mould, mildew and fungi. It is not removed by washing or dry cleaning. Many household allergies are caused by the common dust mite which breeds readily in untreated materials. Dust mites feed exclusively on discarded human skin cells, which need to be decomposing for the mites to consume them. Deterring the growth of mould and mildew prevents dust mites from being able to survive, breed and colonise your bedding.
The Ultra-Fresh family of anti-microbials has 40 years of research and development behind it, and has been extensively tested and approved. It has been used world-wide with exemplary success, in products as varied as toothpaste, paint and clothing.
Purchasing home-grown products rewards Australians, boosting our economy and benefitting the environment, keeping profits in Australia and minimising travel miles. Best of all, buying Australian Made maintains Australia’s prosperity and creates employment for our family and friends. Nu-wool – proudly Australian made.