The New York Beauty Block has always been one of my favourite patchwork blocks. I love the endless combination of spikes and curves and the multitude of differently styled arcs and foundations that can be used to build the block.
This set has been designed as a basic New York Beauty Patchwork Template Set that can be hand or machine pieced.
The 8 Piece Template set includes:
- Background template. The background template can be used in two ways to create a one fabric background or a 2 fabric pieced background.
For a 2 fabric background simply cut two pieces of fabric using the template and stitch them together.
For a 1 fabric background place the template on the fold of your fabric where indicated on the template and cut.
- The 4" Quarter Circle Centre Inner Template 4" Finished Size
- Two Full Arc Templates. These templates can be used to cut your arc down to size.
It can also be used to cut one piece of fabric (would be gorgeous in a Kaffe Fassett Floral to make donut blocks)
- 3 Spike Templates for those who prefer to hand piece the Spiked Arc.
- 1 Block Template for those who prefer to hand piece the smaller Arc.
This foundation piecing patterns can be photocopied onto your own paper or onto our foundation paper available here and here to make things a little quicker and easier.
We will be offering add-on template sets and foundation arcs for pdf downloads in future with different sized arcs and different foundation designs for variety and to expand the size of this block.