- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Size : 30 cm x 1 metre roll
Create neat, smooth, turned edges for perfect hand applique without melting the template. Mylar® is an extraordinarily strong polyester film that grew out of the development of Dacron® in the early 1950s.
The Iron glides over Mylar without damage to the template plastic or iron
- Simply trace and draw your applique pattern onto the mylar and cut out template. Mylar cut easily with household scissors.
- Cut your applique piece from your chosen fabric. Don't forget to add your seam allowance.
- Place the mylar template onto the wrong side of your applique piece. Use the edge of your iron to roll the seam allowance over the edge of the mylar - the mylar is heat resistant and won't melt!
- If needed, use an icy pole stick, tweezers or a stilleto to hold the fabric so you don't scorch your fingers. Thermal Thimbles are brilliant!
- Optional: I use a can of spray starch for crispier pieces. Spray a little starch into the lid of the spray can and paint it onto the seam allowances with a small paint brush. I wash and block my quilts when they are finished so any residual starch is washed out. I would only recommend using starch if you plan to wash your quilt.
- Creates sharp, flat edges for perfect hand appliques
- Once the seam allowance has been pressed you can easily see where to clip away excess fabric from the seam allowance. Another benefit of this technique is that you don't overclip your pieces as you can see exactly where there is excess fabric that needs to be clipped.
- Mylar is resuable so it is particularly wonderful when your applique project has repeated shapes. Cut one mylar template and use it again and again! Starch and Press!
- Mylar also makes a wonderful work surface for hot glue guns.