Mylar® is an extraordinarily strong polyester film that grew out of the development of Dacron® in the early 1950s.
- Heat resistant so they won't melt under your iron using a medium heat. Wonderful to press your english paper (mylar) piecing blocks before removing your mylar shapes.
- Heat resistant so you can also starch and press around your mylar shapes so your applique shapes are smooth for easy, precise stitching!
- Reusable so you can make perfect shapes time and time again. Particularly wonderful for English Paper (Mylar) Piecing and applique when your project uses the same shapes repeatedly.
- Our mylar shapes are laser cut for perfect precision and accuracy.
- Sew or Glue Baste your mylar shapes. Sewline Glue is water soluble and easily washes off leaving your mylar shapes in perfect condition for reuse even after glue basting!
- Do you sew through your papers when you are english paper piecing? If so, you are not alone! Mylar shapes are stronger than paper so guide your needle so your stitches are accurate and the mylar pops out easily when you are finished.
Mylar Hexagons are specially designed to help you build beautiful quilts with ease again and again.