Create smooth, flat, turned edge circles for hand or machine applique with our laser cut mylar circles.
This medium size Mylar circles template set contains 32 circles - 4 each of 8 different diameters ranging from 1 1/8” to 2” in 1/8” increments.
Sizes included are 1 1/8”, 1 1/4", 1 3/8”, 1 1/2", 1 5/8”, 1 3/4" 1 7/8”, 2”
Our Mylar circles are heat-resistant so they won't melt under your iron.
The circles are transparent so you can easily fussy cut circles from your fabric.
Mylar CIrcles are reusable so you can make perfectly shaped circles time and time again.
The circles have an inner hole so you can pin the circle to fabric
Mylar® is an extraordinarily strong polyester film that grew out of the development of Dacron® in the early 1950s. During the 1960s cellophane gave way steadily to Mylar® with its superior strength, heat resistance, and excellent insulating properties.
- Cut your circle from your chosen fabric. Don't forget to add your seam allowance (You can use a larger size circle to trace your cutting line with a marking pencil)
- Place the finished size mylar circle template onto the wrong side of your applique piece and place a pin through the inner hole to hold the mylar circle in place
- Thread a hand sewing needle and knot one end, leaving a tail after the knot.
- Working with the wrong side of the fabric toward you, gently turn over the seam allowance of the circle.
- Sew a running stitch around the edge of the circle, turning the edge as you sew, stopping when you reach where you started.
- Pull the thread to gather the circle until you have a closed circle. Tie a knot to secure.
- Starch and Press with your iron, remove the thread and carefully remove your mylar circle.
- Use a dab of glue to place and hold your circle in position on your project.
- Applique in place. Done!
Mylar is resuable so it is particularly wonderful when your applique project has repeated shapes. Use your laser cut mylar circles again and again! Starch and Press!