- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
- Matilda's Own Pressing Mat is made of 100% Australian wool and creates a perfect pressing surface for your embroideries, quilt blocks, garments and more!
- Use with or without steam for a professional result.
- Place it near your sewing machine top save trips to the ironing board.
- Size 100cm x 50cm /40" x 20" approximately
- 7-8mm thick approximately
- Cream coloured natural Australia wool
There are so many benefits to pressing on wool vs pressing on a conventional ironing board.
One of the great things about these pressing mats is that the dense wool absorbs and holds heat unlike a conventional ironing board. This is so helpful, as you're basically pressing both sides of your piece at once, one side with the iron and the other with the heat held within the mat! That means flatter seams, as well as more efficient pressing every time. In addition, due to the absorbent nature of the wool, the surface scorches far less easily than a classic ironing board or ironing board cover.
When pressing with a dry iron, the wool mat protects the surface underneath by absorbing the heat, so there's so need for an ironing board! Please note, when using steam, it may penetrate through the wool and dampen or damage the surface below. Since you can press anywhere, wool pressing mats come in different sizes, making them so portable and easy to store!
The wool grips your fabric to hold it in place while pressing, making it easier to press seams or attach freezer paper templates to wool for appliqué! To keep your piece in place more firmly, you can even pin into the wool mat! This quality of the mat allows it to double as a portable design board to help get your creativity flowing on your next project.
Another benefit is that the wool surface can be easily cleaned to remove starch or other products by just rinsing the mat under cold water and hanging to dry. No need for a washing machine!