Spiraling diamonds make up this simple block in the "Playing With Hexagons" series. This is another set deisgned by Meredith for the "Playing With Hexagons" templates series. The series consists of consistent sized heagons so you can mix and match designs!
- Cut 1 small hexagon (A), 6 diamonds in colour 2 (B) and 6 parallelograms (C).
- Sew one diamond in colour 1 with one diamond in colour 2, then sew to hexagon. (see the diagram scanned below).
- Continue to add diamonds alternatively.
- Inset the parallelograms to complete.
- Join the finished blocks together with the D triangle and also use this triangle for squaring up. The dashed centre line of the D triangle becomes the seam line and the solid line becomes the cutting line.
- Alternatively use in conjunction with the other Playing with Hexagon blocks to make a sampler style quilt.