- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
1 piece for cutting 6 sizes of half-hexagons: 2, 2½, 3, 3½, 4 and 4½ inches on a finished side
The #1 reason for a point-to-point half-hexagon template is to eliminate set-in or “Y” seams in quilts that feature hexagon shapes. The From Marti Michell Multiple-size Half-Hexagon will enable you to cut half-hexagons in 6 sizes—the same 6 sizes as are available on our Multiple Size Hexagon and the One-derful One-Patch 60° Diamond tools. Matching equilateral triangle sizes are included on both the small and large equilateral Triangle Rulers. If you are new to using the From Marti Michell 60° family tools, we measure these shapes by the length of the finished side (see page 1).
To make it easy to see the pros and cons of both half- and whole hexagons, we did a very informal test and cut the right half of Bluebirds in Grandma’s Garden, shown above, with the largest hexagon (4½″) on the Multiple Size Hexagon Ruler and the left half with the matching size Half-Hexagon Ruler.
We found that cutting and arranging the half-hexagons took a little longer because there were more cuts to make and more pieces to sort, move around and arrange on the design wall. However, sewing and pressing the half-hexagons was faster than sewing and pressing the whole hexagons with set-in seams.