At last! Machine Quilting Made Easy makes learning to machine quilt easy and fun. Get familiar with the basics as you do the exercises; then use the samples you make as handy references.
- Learn to machine quilt with sixteen lessons in straight-line quilting with a walking foot, freehand quilting with a darning foot, quilting with decorative threads, and more
- Includes five comprehensive charts for selecting needles, thread, and batting
- Find guidelines for planning quilts and basic techniques for finishing quilts
Machine Quilting Made Easy has all the skill-building information you need to become a master at spectacular machine quilting.
- Practice the simple techniques prepared by experienced quilting instructor Maurine Noble
- Easy-to-follow instructions and exercises on Straight-line Quilting. Freehand Quilting, Quilting with Decorative Threads and Tying a Quilt by machine.
- Five comprehensive charts for selecting needles, thread and batting.
- Guidelines for planning your quilts.
- Basic techniques for finishing your quilts.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book
- Walking Foot or Even-Feed Foot
- Darning Foot
- Straight-line Quilting
- Exercise 1 - Determining the Stitch Length
- Exercise 2 - Stitching in-the-Ditch
- Exercise 3 - Background Quilting
- Exercise 4 - Freehand Quilting
- Exercise 5 - Following a Printed Line
- Exercise 6 - Continuous Pattern Quilting
- Exercise 7 - Learning to Stipple
- Exercise 8 - Freehand Quilting Sampler
- Exercise 9 - Quilting a Feather Wreath
Quilting with Decorative Threads
- Exercise 10- Determining Tension Settings for Lightweight Decorative Threads
- Exercise 11- Determining Tension Settings for Decorative Threads in the Bobbin
- Exercise 12-
Quilting with a Twin Needle
- Exercise 13- Learning to Couch
- Exercise 14- Braiding Decorative Threads
Planning Your Quilting
- Pattern Ideas
- Marking the Quilting Lines
- Selecting the Batting
- Piecing the Batting
- Preparing the Layers
Quilting the Quilts
- Tying a Quilt by Machine
- Exercise 15- Tying a Quilt
- Exercise 16- Tacking a Quilt
- French Double-Fold Binding
- Stitch-and-Turn Finishing
- Labeling Your Quilt
Resource List/ References
About the Author
Gallery of Quilts