- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
- Contents 100% Cotton
- Fabric Weight Lightweight
- Width 112-114cm approximately
This fabric is sold by the quarter metre. If you would like 1/2 metre, please add "2" to your cart, if you would like 3/4 metre, please add "3" to your cart. If you would like 1 Metre, please add "4" to your cart.
Aboriginal artworks are popular throughout the world and the only living ancient artworks. Its tradition goes back 50,000 years ago revealed by carbon dating of rock painting, cave painting etc. It is amazing that many of the artists do not have any formal education or training.
Thinking about our ancestors, this painting has been prepared in acknowledgement of those who have lost family ties and cultural connections. The tri-coloured curving bands represent the paths travelled by people to reconnect with lost or stolen family history, while the shapes and infill colours utilised remind us of our ancestors’ country, and our own lost connections to family and culture. Greg Mathews is a descendant of the Manegin people, being a clan member of Tasmania’s north-west nation. Greg’s painting is an excellent depiction of this lost culture.