This fabric is sold by the quarter metre.
If you would like 1/2 metre, please add "2" to your cart, if you would like 3/4 metre, please add "3" to your cart. If you would like 1 Metre, please add "4" to your cart.
All quantities of fabric are cut as continuous yardage unless otherwise specified.
- Kaffe Fassett's design wall flannel is a grey, flannel fabric with a 2 inch by 2 inch square grid pattern that can be tacked up to a wall temporarily – or permanently installed – and has a texture that allows other pieces of fabric to “stick” to it.
- 100% cotton flannel, 112cm wide.
- This fabric (flannel) is bulky
- Great for Looking at your projects from afar to get some perspective
- Lets you change elements in your project easily and quickly just by moving and 'sticking' to the flannel
- Keeping your projects off of the floor or cluttering up your tables
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry low
- Cold machine wash
- Warm iron
“After the hit or mostly miss experience of my first dozen quilt designs, I stumbled on the idea of arranging my cut pieces on a design wall. That allowed me to view a new layout from a distance which eliminated any ripping out after sewing. You can view your new idea and quickly see if there are discordant notes to be adjusted. Most design walls are white, which, for me, is like working against head lights, so I recommend a neutral cloth which enhances the colour of the proposed scheme of any quilt idea and is easier on the eye. This grey wall is ideal and comes with a fine printed cream grid to aid alignment of patches. I do hope my students and patchworkers everywhere will enjoy this way of working. It has been such a compliment to my designing with colour.”
- Kaffe Fassett
See the design wall flannel in action in the youtube clip below at the one minute mark approximately: