- Quilting inspiration flows from the only quilt Jane Austen made and from her six novels.
- In 1811, the novelist Jane Austen wrote that she had spent entirely too much money on fabric.
- Every quilter can relate to that! Austen fan and avid quilter Karen Gloeggler went as far as England to see firsthand the only quilt known to have been made by the popular novelist.
- She recreated Jane's quilt, and then created a quilt design representing each of Jane's six published novels.
- The resulting 11 pieced quilts appeal to everyone.
- How-to photos will help non-quilters who love all things Jane to become quilters.
- This is a book that will end up on Jane Austen fans' shelves simply because it includes fascinating clips from Austen's letters, which are as much a joy to read as her novels.