- Heat Press Batting Together is 1-1/2in x 10 yard roll cloth tape that will fuse two edges to of batting together.
- It's soft, it's thin, it stretches, it's needle easy for hand or machine quilting.
- This can be used on any batting fabric content.
Directions for using HEAT Press Batting Together:
Iron Settings are Most Important when applying tape. Irons with Teflon plates can use low cotton to fuse tape. Irons without a teflon plate use the new instructions below.
- Remove the Plastic Wrapping.
- Test your iron with Tape and batting.
- 100% polyester batting...low setting.. (high synthetic) and slide the heat of the iron across the batting quickly.
- If needed use an appliqué sheet over the tape on the high loft 100% polyester.
- Test all synthetic mixed battings – usually a wool setting works well
- You may find that the batting looks flat after application with the heat but when it cools the batting is fluffy again.
- With a large quilt batting 93” and adding more width, I use weights on either side of the batting to hold it in place.
- Simply lay tape over cut edges and slide the iron over the tape without any pressure – “smooth out the tape” with the heat of the iron.
- The batting tape needs only be applied to one side of the batting.
- It holds through washings and dry cleanings.
- It doesn’t gum up the needles and can be stitched by hand or by any machine.