Step-by-Step Exercises for Learning EQ8 SoftwareThis step-by-step lesson book is the best starter book for learning EQ8 software. The lessons are easy to follow and cover the basics of each of the three main worktables of EQ8. You will design quilts, draw blocks, import fabric scans, print patterns and calculate yardage estimates.
Even if you’ve owned earlier versions of EQ, this book will introduce new features, while refreshing and energizing your approach to quilt design.
This 128-page fully illustrated color book has a convenient spiral binding that allows pages to rotate 360 degrees and lay flat.
Step-by-Step Exercises for Learning EQ8 Software
Filled with illustrations, you’ll have no trouble following the steps of this lesson book.
Size 8½” x 11″
Softcover, spiral binding, full-color content
Chapter 1 gives an in-depth look at each worktable. Learn how to name projects and see the contents of your Project Sketchbook. Learn to use the Home screen and how to find help.
On the Quilt Worktable
- Select quilt layouts
- Make changes to a layout
- Add, remove and resize borders
- Set blocks and fabrics into the layout
- Use the quilt tools and speed keys
- Print quilts, yardage, foundations and templates
On the Block Worktable
- Learn the rules of EasyDraw for drawing pieced blocks
- Draw new EasyDraw blocks
- Create an applique motif
- Use the PosieMaker tool
- Create a custom library of blocks
- Edit blocks from the library or sketchbook
On the Image Worktable
- Import photos and fabric scans
- Straighten and crop fabric scans
- Apply the correct scale to fabric
- Fussy cut fabric into position within a patch
- Build a custom fabric library
Chapter 2-4 offer 16 short and easy lessons that are just what you need to take you beyond the basics. In this information-packed section you’ll find topics like:
- Understanding layers in EQ
- Creating a custom quilt from a block drawing
- Using pre-designed quick quilts
- Creating blocks with Serendipity
- Drawing blocks with the eight point star grid
- Searching for blocks by category
- Searching for fabrics by color
- Insight on rotary cutting charts in EQ