- The new Clover Long Hot Hemmer or Hot Ruler is the much-anticipated cousin to our very popular Clover Hot Hemmer pressing tool.
- Ideal for larger measuring and pressing tasks such as: home dec, long hems, deep hems, large mitered corners. Making it perfect for today’s trends of ruffles, purse straps, pillow cases, full skirts and more.
- Measure, mark, fold, press
- Heat resistant
- Press directly on the ruler
- Can be used with dry or steam iron
- Unique non-slip surface helps hold fabric in place, offering better management of small hems or when working with delicate fabrics.
- The nylon fiberboard is heat resistant and can be pressed with a dry or steam iron.
- The Hot Ruler is 2 ½” x 10”, compared to the Hot Hemmer at 6” x 5”, and is designed with basic ruler markings
An extract from the Clover Blog:
What is it?
Think about what we do when we construct any sewn project. Most likely we take large pieces of fabric and cut them into small pieces of fabric and then we sew them back together into large pieces of fabric again.
And it’s all done with some creative vision in mind.
If we measure, mark, cut, pin, press and sew accurately the result is something that is pleasing to us. If we don’t . . . ah well, then not so much. But there’s more to consider.
More effort and more time required. To put in a hem we have to make all of those measurements and the markings and then make all of the folds and then put in all of the pins to hold the folds we’ve measured. And then we have to press around the pins and then remove the pins.
No question about it, it’s a lot of detail work and if we mess it up we’re going to be disappointed. There’s gotta’ be another way. And there is and that’s where the Hot Hemmer and Long Hot Hemmer come in.
For the first time we have a tandem of sewing tools that lets us accurately measure, mark and press all at the same time and with one tool.
What does it do?
The Hot Hemmer and Hot Ruler will revolutionize the way you do hems, mitered corners and pressed curves. They truly are the “go to” tools for anyone who does hems, mitered corners or pressed curves.
Both are made of a nylon based fiber board that does not retain heat when ironed on so no waiting for them to cool and no burned fingers. Another feature of the fiber board is that while it will not stick to your fabric it will not slide either.
It merely stays in place while you manipulate your fabric into place for pressing. And best of all both are loaded with useful measuring and angle markings and cutouts.
The Hot Hemmer is 6″ x 5″ with a rounded corner for pressing curves and a square cut out corner for measuring in and over at the same time.
The Long Hot Hemmer is 10″x 2 1/2″ and is designed for completing longer hems in minimum time. If you’re ironing hems for draperies, this is your tool.
The Hot Hemmer and Long Hot Hemmer have many useful applications. Here are a few.
- Measure, fold and iron any hem in one smooth motion. Measure, fold, press. Repeat as necessary for the length or your project. The Long Hot Hemmer with its increased length makes short work of long hems. Both take all of the guess work out of even, consistent hems. No last minute surprises where hem lines do not match up. Pleats anyone? Yes, you can use it to measure, fold and press pleats as well.
- Ever try to make a perfect 45° mitered corner? No problem. Just measure to desired depth at the desired point, fold your fabric along the miter line and press.
- How about pressing a curve, say to make a patch pocket. Again, no problem. Just gather your fabric around the curved portion of the Hot Hemmer and press. Remove excess fabric and attach to your garment.
- The corner cutout of the Hot Hemmer can be used “lefty” or “righty” to measure trim lines or seams. Quick, accurate and no mistakes.
- Saves time – We don’t have to measure and mark hems, pin hems, iron around pins and then remove pins. And it’s perfect every time so no “do overs”.