- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
The Hold It Precision Stiletto is a tool that is flawless in design and function. It resembles a long pen and should be held as such. One end has a gentle curve and sports a pointed tip. The other end is straight and has a silicone coated tip that is somewhat angled and flattened to increase its holding function.
- The Precision Stiletto is perfect for holding fabric in place for precision pressing. Doll clothes, appliqué, mitered corners, or any other close or small work can be held safely in place while ironing. Use either the pointed or the flattened silicone tip, whichever is most suitable. Both are heat resistant so you can iron right up against them.
- The Precision Stiletto is equally adept at the sewing table. Fabric manipulation across the needle plate of either a serger or a sewing machine can pose problems with the confluence of needles, feed dogs, presser feet, pins, fabric and fingers. The stiletto allows us to hold the fabric sans hands right up to where the action takes place and allows more visibility and control for truly precision stitching.
What does it do?
At it’s very essence a sewing stiletto simply keeps us from getting our fingers where they shouldn’t be, in the path of an approaching sewing machine needle or right next to a hot iron. The Hold It Precision Stiletto is designed to do just that and so much more. Constructed with a unique polymer resin it is both strong and heat resistant. It is designed to be held comfortably in your hand. One end has a sharp, curved tip to allow easy fabric manipulation without obstructing your field of view. The other end has a silicon coated “grippy” tip beveled at the precise angle to enhance the friction that holds those detailed pieces in place as they are pressed into shape. Using the Hold It Precision Stiletto we can position our fabric perfectly when sewing. This is especially useful when we’re sewing blocks together and need to make sure seam allowances lie flat as they feed under the presser foot, or when we can’t or don’t want to use pins to hold our fabric in place or when we’re sewing tiny blocks or when we’re manipulating pleated trims or when we’re matching fabric patterns or accomplishing any number of other sewing functions. Same for the pressing station. Because we can hold our fabric with precision while pressing, we can press open seams or press in points, creases. folds or other shapes quickly and correctly the first time. No time consuming “do over’s” and no burns.