- An easy, efficient & accurate method to square-up half-square triangles.
- Align the seam of an unpressed hst with dashed lines and with easy strokes, trim all four sides.
- The unique edge slots allow for trimming of the dog ears at the same time.
- No need to rotate fabric to realign.
- Other uses include: square-up hour glass blocks, strip piecing of half-square triangles, strip-tube method of block construction and fussy cutting.
- Trim up to 11 sizes from 1 1/2" to 6 1/2" (Two trimmers allow for full & half-inch sizes).
- Extra block and additional trimming techniques given in the full colour directions as well.
If you make more than three half square triangles a year, then check this notion out! These slotted trimmers are brilliant - just line up your stitching along the line for the measurement of your HSTs, trim once while it's still a triangle, and get all four sides at once! No more readjusting of the ruler! No more looking for the corner you need to line up the ruler with over and over! And NO MORE DOGEARS - because this trims those off too!
Eva Paiges Accordion Method --Make Half Square Triangles using different fabrics
Now take this a step further and check out Beth Helfter of EvaPaige Quilt Designs Accordion Method of sewing half square triangles using these rulers.
Meet the Accordion Sewn HSTs™ method (last 3 youtube clips below), where you'll learn to sew half square triangles in such a way that each one is a little bit different from the last (ie no one has a twin!) and there is absolutely no waste of fabric! It won't take more than a few minutes on average to master this technique It's been called "addictive," "brilliant," and even "witchcraft" and it's the latest fun from the slightly kooky brain of quilt designer Beth Helfter of EvaPaige Quilt Designs.
Eva Paiges Accordion Method: