- Orders up to $40 - $8.95
Includes Express Post for Letter Items
- Orders from $40 to $150 - $12.95
- Free Shipping Orders over $150
- Free Shipping excludes Bulk Batting
- All orders are shipped with Tracking
- More Information about Postage here
- Shipping is calculated for an Express Post Airmail shipment weighing up to 500grams.
- See International Postage Rates here
- Register to earn Reward Points for discounts on future purchases
- Reward Points are another small way we say "thank you" to regular customers
- Register Here
- Reward Points Terms, Conditions & How to redeem here
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Aurifil Cotton Mako thread is made using the best long staple Egyptian cotton making it strong, smooth and relatively fuzz free.
The long fibres, and the mercerising treatment used during manufacturing, produces a thread with a high sheen and superior strength.
- This fine, but strong, thread produces a subtle effect when used for machine quilting.
- It is possible to achieve very detailed quilting without an unsightly build up of thread on the quilt.
- It is a great alternative to silk thread for hand applique as cotton Mako Ne50 beds down into the background for an invisible finish.
- Machine appliqu will have a fine delicate finish without the bulky finish of some heavier threads.
- Ideal for miniature machine piecing, it makes a neat flat, accurate seam with precise points and less bulk.
- When used for foundation & paper piecing choose a slightly smaller stitch than you would use for general piecing and you will find that the papers will tear away with ease.
- Recommended for use in the bobbin when machine quilting with any slippery decorative threads.
- Perfect for miniature patchwork projects
- A size 70 /75 needle is recommended
Colour chart is made from the actual thread.