The long fibres, and the mercerising treatment used during manufacturing, produces a thread with a high sheen and superior strength.
- This fine, but strong, thread produces a subtle effect when used for machine quilting.
- It is possible to achieve very detailed quilting without an unsightly build up of thread on the quilt.
- It is a great alternative to silk thread for hand appliqu as cotton Mako Ne50 beds down into the background for an invisible finish.
- Machine appliqu will have a fine delicate finish without the bulky finish of some heavier threads.
- Ideal for miniature machine piecing, it makes a neat flat, accurate seam with precise points and less bulk.
- When used for foundation & paper piecing choose a slightly smaller stitch than you would use for general piecing and you will find that the papers will tear away with ease.
- Recommended for use in the bobbin when machine quilting with any slippery decorative threads.
- Perfect for miniature patchwork projects
- A size 70 /75 needle is recommended